If you spend a few minutes a day scrolling through LinkedIn, you will have by now noticed the Santa and GDPR jokes starting. Whilst a joke, the message is a reality. It seems nobody is safe from the new regulations, from big business to small, right through to Santa Claus himself.
It seems jolly old Saint Nick has all of our information, he’s checking it once and he’s checking it twice with very little in the way of consent. Particularly those on the naughty list, we would suggest they would prefer their data not to be used.
I think it’s safe to assume that he has all of the latest and best security protocols in place so our data is secure, after all, he’s managed to remain hidden all this time! And no doubt he has registered as a data processor with the ICO. Whilst the mailroom at the North Pole is ready to handle any requests to remove an individual’s data.
In summary, it is safe to assume it’s not the Grinch’s Data Protection Regulation, and Christmas will remain safe.
If you`d like to understand more about GDPR and how it`s far-reaching impact affects you then please get in touch. As software producers of DDC RiskView, a tool designed to deal with GDPR we are well placed to support you and your organisation’s needs.
- 22nd November 2019Why Aren’t HR Managers Prioritising Employee Data Security?
- 14th November 2019Thousands Of Drivers’ Social Security Numbers Exposed In Data Breach
- 11th November 2019Multinational Cyber Security And Defence Company Suffers Insider Data Breach
- 14th October 2019Data: Defining or Divisive
- 12th September 20192019 on track to be the “worst year on record” for data breach activity
- 10th September 2019Leaving the EU: Brexit and GDPR
- 9th September 2019Data Breaches: Did you know?
- 5th September 2019What should you do if your data has been breached?
- 3rd September 2019GDPR was just the beginning
- 14th August 2019The dangers of Subject Access Requests